When setting up Visual Studio 2019, I was reminded that I need to set up a few shortcuts to make it more useful. I thought I’d record them so I can refer to them later, and that it may help some of you.
I recommend setting the following bindings to make Visual Studio 2019 useful:
- Ctrl+W = Edit.SelectCurrentWord
- Ctrl+Left Arrow = View.NavigateBackward
- Ctrl+Right Arrow = View.NavigateForward
- Ctrl+1 = Edit.ToggleLineComment
- Ctrl+Up Arrow = Edit.PageUp
- Ctrl+Down Arrow = Edit.PageDown
- Ctrl+Tab = next file tab (unsure what the name is; it may be default)
- Ctrl+Shift+Tab = previous file tab (unsure what the name is; it may be default)
Note: You may have to delete existing shortcuts that are using these keys.